general cooking guidelines for fish and seafood
How to Prepare:
- There are many ways to cook fish but for best tasting results do not overcook the fish.
- If baking the product, allow 10 - 20 minutes at 450 degrees F for the 1st inch of thickness.
Add about 10 minutes per additional inch.
- If barbecuing the product, cook about 4 inches from the coals for 5 to 6 minutes on each side
or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- If poaching the product, boil for 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
- If pan frying, fry fish until golden brown on one side, turn and brown the other side.
The complete cooking time should be approximately 10 minutes per inch of thickness.
*These are just general cooking guidelines, always use your own personal judgement.*